Acts1:8 – But you shall receive power, the Holy Spirit coming upon you. And you shall be witnesses to me both in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
A Witness For Jesus!
1. As a disciple of Jesus Christ we have a responsibility to use the Gifts God has given us. The Lord puts us in certain positions to be used as an instrument for Jesus. God will provide the power and wisdom of the Holy Spirit to help each of us to make our family, friends, neighbors, and enemies transform into fellow disciples.
2. As a disciple of Christ we follow Christ’s teachings. Those teachings instruct us to make disciples and not members. Jesus never instructed us to make members, but disciples. We are to follow and walk in the way of Jesus.
3. As we walk and witness for Christ we must live a Christ-like life. When people see you, do they see Jesus? Does your life reflect God's teachings? You should not have to open your mouth for people to see the spirit of God in you. God's spirit should be in your talk and in the way you conduct your life. In order for people to respect what you say, they have to see it in your walk. A witness for God can't be walking like the devil. It will confuse people. As a witness for God your life should speak for itself.
4. Witnessing about God is a serious task that we should not take lightly. We need to be prayerful and devoted to studying the Word of God. We will face challenges and demonic road blocks that will try to stop us from doing God's will. We must be prepared to spread the Word of God. Prayer and devotion to God's Word helps us be strong in witnessing for the Lord.
5. God wants you. Yes you! He wants you tell somebody about Jesus and what he has done for you. Everyone has something to offer. Don't be afraid of your past. He brought you through it to live and tell the story of how God has changed your life. Tell someone today how you have been saved from sin and condemnation.
6. Christ shows you the way that you are to follow in your witnessing and in spreading the Gospel. You are to witness where you are. Tell somebody about God in your family and in your neighborhood. Don't be ashamed to go out in the world and tell a stranger why God is so great.
7. Today we have social media. We have Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to spread the Gospel. As you start your day, don’t be afraid to share a scripture or prayer on Social Media. It may change or save a life.